On This Page
Copperloy Hydraulic Ramp
Freight-loading operations need to be as efficient as possible, and efficiency hinges on the quality of the equipment. Hydraulic ramps for docks and trucks need to be safe and functional to allow for the smoothest operation. If a hydraulic ramp does not meet basic requirements, efficiency, productivity, and safety suffer. The hydraulic ramp is a particularly important piece of equipment for loading docks. These ramps experience constant pressure throughout the average workday. Furthermore, heavy forklifts are regularly traveling up and down these ramps; thus, the quality of the ramp impacts the safety of forklift operators and other workers as well as overall productivity. Copperloy’s hydraulic ramp is a safe and reliable option that is more than capable of handling this workload.
Copperloy designs their ramps to be extremely durable. They have been improving upon their equipment designs during the entirety of their sixty years in the industry. Also, Copperloy hydraulic ramps are much safer and more efficient than other ramps on the market. Copperloy ramps can withstand immense pressure, allowing them to function easily in the typical loading dock environment.
Features of the Copperloy Hydraulic Ramp
Copperloy hydraulic ramps provide a variety of incredible features to increase functionality:
- 8-Foot Level Off: Forklift access is a crucial concern in hydraulic ramp design; thus, Copperloy added the 8-foot level off to make forklift access much smoother.
- Hydraulic Pump Location: Copperloy designs its ramps with the hydraulic pump on the outside, in contrast to other industry ramps. This protects the pump from the elements and increases convenience.
- Low-End Plate and Safety Curb: Copperloy also includes the low-end plate and safety curb in addition to the level off to increase the ease of forklift access. The 7-inch safety curb prevents runoff, while the low-end plate lies lower than a forklifts wheelbase. This allows the front tires of the forklift to reach the grating without losing contact with the ground.
- Solid/Pneumatic Tires: Many competing ramps use air-filled tires, which require constant refilling and maintenance. Copperloy designs its hydraulic ramps with solid tires with lubricated bearings, mitigating maintenance needs and removing the need for refilling. Furthermore, these tires are not at risk of popping under pressure.
Other Benefits of Copperloy’s Hydraulic Ramp
Copperloy’s hydraulic ramp is designed to improve the use of space and increase safety. Their dedication to the quality of their products has led to the development of one of the best hydraulic ramps in the industry. The following is a few advantages Copperloy’s ramps bring to the table:
- Easier operation – The exterior hand pump and forklift accessibility features make this hydraulic ramp much easier to operate.
- Faster raise times – Raising speeds on Copperloy ramps are 2.5 times faster than competing ramps.
- Less wear and tear –Rotation is focused on the positioning sleeve rather than the ramp’s connection, decreasing wear over time.
- Greater stability – The ramp’s centrally-located cylinder increases stability and lowers the possibility of tipping.
Copperloy also offers hydraulic ramps capable of turning empty spaces into loading centers. These ramps offer unmatched adaptability and can increase dock capacity with ease. Furthermore, these ramps can create ground-level access to trucks, buildings, and rail cars.